Apple has wonderful video tutorial about Mac OS X applications, but all are english only. So to help peoples with hearing impairment and non english speaking I've started this collaborative project to create video subtitles and translate them.
As english is not my first language, I need someone help for english transcription so that it will be easy translate on my or other languages.
My workflow is now:
- Creating english subtitles while trascript english audio
- Translate subtitles
- Upload video and subtiltes on MacVideoTutorial YouTube account
- Create video wiki page with EN and IT tabs
Help in english transcription is most appreciate to get first step easy.
This can take about 15 minutes and no registrarion is required to post the english text.
If more people are interested and joined the wiki we can organize and share some tasks as:
- edit/translate more languages
- avoid that peoples work on the same video
- have some people as language coordinator
- check the quality of single language translation
Apple has obvioulsty the copyright of all the videos;
this is a volounteer project to get subtitles that can help:
- peoples with hearing impairment
- peoples not english speaking
Credits are give to all macvideo.wikidot registerd users.
Subtitles are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License